Client Name: –NATIONAL REGISTRATION BUREAU (A government agency under the Ministry of Interior and Co-ordination of National Government)
In the year 2014, Gestalt Gild in partnership with the National Registration Bureau completed a digitization project covering a nationwide scope that included two main facets namely; Infrastructure setup and scanning of 25 million ID Registration Records consisting of 79 million pages.
Infrastructure setup consisted of the following activities:
- Setting up a Local Area Network (LAN) at the scanning premises
- Delivery of hardware and software
- Installation, Configuration and Commissioning of Hardware (Servers, NetApp Backup, Scanners etc.). This included but was not limited to the connection of the equipment to UPS power as well as establishment of FC Connectivity for the configuration of NetApp storage and CISCO UCS servers. In addition, configuration of ESXi on new servers as well as Integration with vCenter Servers has also been implemented.
- Installation and Commissioning of EDMS Software
- Training for the deployed system
- Documentation, Commissioning and sign off
Scanning, Indexing and Uploading into the DMS on the other hand consisted of:
- De-shelving and preparation of documents where they’re logged into a register for record keeping purposes and also to facilitate reconciliation when returning the same back to registry.
- Scanning and indexing of documents into the DMS with quality control checks to ensure seamless digitization as well as standardization of digitized records.
- Re-shelving the documents back to the registry as well as monitoring performance against set targets.